Monday, July 12, 2010

Being an Aunt

I currently have a house full of nieces and nephews, which is very different from just having a house full of kids. These are my sisters' children, and there's a special, natural bond between us, even though we don't get to see each other that often.

My own kids notice it, too. They love seeing their cousins! They can hardly sleep for the excitement that cousins are on their way to our house! And so for a few days, once or twice a year, we all pile in together in one house and play together, share meals, and fight for the beds and showers. It's chaotic greatness.

Being an aunt also means that I can tease and hug and dote on my nieces and nephews all I want. Oh yeah--and I can tell them all kinds of stories of when their Mamas were little girls, giving them lots of ammo for a later use. All in good fun, of course. All in good fun. Heh heh heh.

Mama Question: What do you love most about being an aunt?


No comments: