Thursday, July 1, 2010

Showing Off How Smart Our Babies Are

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2324/1593682634_e2d079f436_o.gifC'mon, you know you do it, too. I particularly remember my first-born's nine-month wellcheck. Our pediatrician was asking all the routine questions and was wanting simple answers, but I wanted to show off Callie's awesome skills in saying words, making animal sounds, and  pointing to various body parts. Because obviously my child was highly intelligent. I mean, how many nine-month-olds can clap their hands?!

Okay, so most of them can do all these things. But Mamas still have the right to take pride in their babies' new tricks. It's funny, though, isn't it? I mean, who ever knew we'd get so excited about a kid pointing to his own nose? But it's greatness.

Mama Question: What are your baby's new tricks? Feel free to show them off here!


1 comment:

Christy Bullock said...

We continue to do this even when they are no longer "babies!"