Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Coffee

Mamas everywhere have embraced the magicalness that is coffee. That steaming cup of goodness is like a saber in our hands, beckoning the day to "Bring it."

I didn't drink java regularly until after I had my first baby. After Callie was born, I began drinking it when I needed it or when it just sounded good . . . which happened to be every morning. And there's been no turning back. I try not to be a bear about it, but I do function and communicate more nicely efficiently after I've had my coffee.

Now I not only enjoy my cup-a-joe each morning, but I also have a cup in the afternoon. I've found that an additional stimulant is required to keep up with my children upon their return from school. It's become so much a part of who I am (Is that bad?) that my children inevitably want to buy me a new coffee mug for every gift-giving holiday.

Question for you: Are you a coffee addict? If so, when did it begin? It's okay. We're all friends here, so you can be honest. We'll raise our "World's Best Mama" mug in your direction and nod in understanding.



4 comments:

jen bunger said...

My coffee "love" began in college-I wouldn't have made it without it. And that was even before Starbucks in Clinton! About all we had for coffee runs was Waffle House! I can't drink the stuff as much anymore...it bothers my ulcerative colitis (it's the acidity), and now I am lactose intolerant. When I do have it is with Almond Milk! But I had cup yesterday and oh it was so good!

Carrie Bevell Partridge said...

Must be something in your family genes, because I remember Stewart ALWAYS having a cup of coffee in his hand in college!

Christy Bullock said...

There are many days that I WISH I drank coffee just to be able to get going or keep up the energy I need for my kids. But I haven't been able to find the taste that I like, not that I've tried really hard. I like the white chocolate mocha from Starbucks, but I'm not going there every day for coffee. I think Dr. Pepper may be my coffee, even though I don't drink it in the mornings.

Texas Urban Teacher said...

I started drinking coffee this school year. Fifth grade is sooo tiring, add to the mix a two-year-old. I have to have flavored creamer though--can't drink it straight.