- I'm not a breakfast cook. Preparing lunch and dinner--great. But I am neither alert nor talented at anything in the mornings. So I don't really find joy in cooking breakfast. Or doing breakfast dishes. (Now, if someone else does the breakfast cooking and cleaning, I'll gladly partake.)
- Cereal is just easy. Grab a bowl and a spoon, pour the cereal, pour the milk, done.
- There are about 327,894 cereal options, so there's something for everyone.
- The cereal box gets my brain working in the mornings. Since I pretty much just have a blank stare until my coffee kicks in, I can at least look like I'm reading something on the cereal box. I prefer the kids' cereal boxes, though. Finding hidden Fruity Pebbles in a picture is a lot more fun than reading about fiber.
- The number one reason, though, for a Mama to love cereal: the kids can get it themselves. You get to sleep; they get to eat. Everyone wins.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
There are multiple reasons why this Mama loves cereal.
Posted by Carrie Bevell Partridge at 8:10 AM