- Pack lightly. But since that won't really happen, make sure you have the essentials in your carry-on luggage: favorite blankie, pacifier, bottle, diapers, wipes, change of clothes (for both of you), etc.
- Be sure to have things to entertain your little one. Don't be like me when I first flew with my nine-month-old. I didn't bring a single toy on the plane. Therefore, we were reduced to playing with a barf bag. Thankfully, it was empty.
- Take the car seat! If there's an empty seat, you get to strap your kid down, and no one will think less of you for it.
- Remember that you will most likely never see these people again. So if they are less than understanding of your situation, just give them the look that you've been practicing. (Hope you brought your glasses!)
- When all else fails, tell them the kid is teething.
Mama Question: What flying tips do you have?