Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Helping Hands Week: Sharing

Last week I asked Mamas to tell me how they like to encourage their children to use their hands. Kara said, "My 3.5 year old son is still adjusting to sharing his toys with his one year old brother. So, we are constantly trying to remind him how God wants us to (use our hands) share our things with other people."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again . . . Anyone who thinks we aren't born with a sin nature hasn't spent any time with a toddler! We are naturally very selfish creatures, aren't we? We as adults are often guilty of not being able to share, too. We need to practice right alongside our children.

Although it's one of the most important lessons we can teach our children, it's also one of the hardest. Keep it up!

Mama Question: How do you encourage your children to share with others?


No comments: