Monday, October 18, 2010

Not Feeling Frazzled

http://static.open.salon.com/files/frazzled_mom1227369071.jpg
Mamahood is just plain busy. It's constant. There is always something that needs to be done or seen or heard or kissed. And it doesn't really matter how we feel; we still have to tend to it. We can easily feel frazzled and overwhelmed, which is why we must take the time to tend to ourselves. It is essential to the health (and safety?) of our families for us to make sure we take the breaks (even short snippets) that we need and get the rest (with eyes closed or open) that we need in order to be at our best.


Mama Question: What do you do to tend to yourself when you are feeling particularly frazzled?



3 comments:

Christy Bullock said...

Love the graphic! I know we all feel that way sometimes! I take "mommy time outs" sometimes in my room, just to breathe. When possible I'll make appointments for a haircut or pedicure. I also love having a date night with my husband or a girls night out.

Carrie Bevell Partridge said...

All great ideas! I'm a fan of the mommy time-outs. Even a few minutes is helpful.

Anonymous said...

I got a time out this morning! Pete took Matthew to school, so I got to sleep in an extra 25 minutes. It was quite nice. I so seldom get a break like that, so it was very much appreciated.
Keira